Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Rome - Cemitero Monumentale del Verano

It's no secret... I love cemeteries.   And not for the morbid but rather for the mysteries that you encounter there.   This is the grave site for Anna Maria Carpi.   It was impossible to read the date of birth and death due to the weathered stone but I love the entire concept for this memorial.   I read something today before visiting this large cemetery here in Rome that I thought I'd share.  

"When the water returns to its original oneness with the river, it no longer has any individual feeling to it; it resumes its own nature and finds composure.  How very glad the water must be to come back to the original river."   Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind  Shunryu Suzuki






1 comment:

  1. Finally taking some time to catch up on your trip and get jealous again. Some great photos. I loved this set. When do you get back?

    ReplyDelete