Saturday, May 2, 2015

Santa Marinella Beach

One joy of traveling for me is the possibility of chance encounters with older photographers along the way.   I remember Señor Cruz along the beach in Puerto Vallarta with his old Poloroid camera.  Today along the beach in Santo Marinella just outside Rome I met Gerardo and his wife.  They were enjoying watching the surf and saw me photographing funny blue structures along the beach.   He motioned to me and we began a conversation in Spanish!!  He and his wife are traveling from Venezuela where he worked for many decades as a professional photographer.   He specialized in professional portraits in his small town.  I love the picture I took of Javier and his wife and also Gail's great iPhone shots of the three of us on the bench.
















No comments:

Post a Comment